Thank you for your interest in joining the Just Governance Group. We are currently looking for a Junior Consultant/Project Officer to join our team.
Just Governance Group invites applications from candidates for the following position:
Junior Consultant/Project Officer
Full-time position in Ottawa, Ontario
The Just Governance Group Ltd. (JGG) is an international consulting network functioning as a social enterprise that combines consulting services with learning and knowledge sharing. JGG offers multidisciplinary services to clients in Canada and around the world. Our network has expertise in human rights, democratic governance, justice sector reform, conflict analysis and peacebuilding, and institutional reform. JGG has a small, quiet office or hub in Ottawa that networks remotely with clients, consultants, and stakeholders in countries around the world.
The Junior Consultant/Project Officer position is essential to the consulting function of JGG, and the majority of the employee’s hours will be dedicated to business development (tender searches, organize consultant database, select consultants, technical and financial proposal preparation) and consultancy support (contract start-up, research, and analysis, data collection, survey administration, training support, arranging team meetings, client communications, tracking work products, etc). In addition, the position will support the network’s learning and knowledge sharing activities (research and analysis, coordinating reflections and written contributions for publications from/among network consultants, organizing roundtables).
Required qualifications and experience:
• Academic degree in international development, human rights, conflict studies, or another social science program.
• Minimum 2 years experience in the international development sector.
• Minimum 2 years experience in research and analysis related to JGG’s thematic areas of focus. • Minimum 2 years experience in project support.
The following qualifications and experience are strongly preferred:
• Spanish language competencies.
• Lived experience in a developing country and/or conflict-affected country.
• Results-Based Management (RBM), rights-based and gender-sensitive programming experience. • Evaluation, training, or other development services provided by JGG.
• Team coordination experience.
Mandatory competencies and traits for work at JGG:
• Respect for diversity, human rights, and equality.
• Highly organized and ability to set priorities when deadlines are tight.
• Independent worker and also a proactive team member.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including cross-cultural communication. • Ability to use a range of information and communication technologies.
Please send your CV, two writing samples, and a motivation letter to explain how you meet the requirements and competencies/traits to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2pm EST, February 25, 2022.